If you know me, you know I don’t really like chocolate.
However, one of my labmates took her pre-prelim today, and that’s cause for celebration in my book.
I don’t know if I’ve said before, but I’ll say it now: I love petebakes! I have tried lots of stuff there – and I’m slowing making my way through the entire website. For a while I’ve been making the breads Pete lists: including the apple and banana bread. Normally I don’t add chocolate chips, but I know the person it was for enjoys chocolate soo….
The recipe is after the jump…
Modified SLIGHTLY from Pete Bakes…
I subbed yogurt for the butter and added nutmeg & cloves (I can’t resist). I also didn’t use any baking soda.
1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt (I use Dannon)
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp Lactose Free milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4-6 oz chocolate chips
1. Mix the yogurt and sugar. add in the eggs and mix until incorporated.
2. mash up the bananas in the milk. Add bananas to yogurt & Sugar.
3. combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and add to the wet ingredients. Just mix to get everything moist. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. carefully pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 F for one hour 10 minutes.
5. Try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.